It's official, halfway done with practicum. Very scary! Also very sad! I love this school and the kids!!!
In advisory, I got to help a specific student write his second body paragraph. He had some good ideas, but needed help formulating them. So we started from scratch, and he and I created a good concept map of his ideas, and then the ideas came flowing! He will do well on the final paper, and I am impressed with how much work he is putting into this paper. =)
Other than that, the Honors II class was in the lab again today, working on their papers and projects.
In Applied English, I have started to take more control over the class and am allowing them to get used to me. I love them and I feel that they are responding well to me! =) I did have a student refuse to do something for me today. I had never had to deal with something such as this, and to me, it just makes no sense as to why they wouldn't complete the assignment. He claimed it was "too much work". I have always been raised to do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING a teacher asks me to do, whether I liked it or not! So, it was difficult for me to handle this situation. Hopefully he will turn it in to my CT tomorrow, my fingers are crossed.
The kids are responding very well to you. I was glad to see that when I was gone yesterday that they came to you for conferences! YEA!!! Ah the refusal...I totally understand your dismay... Wasn't it great to see one of our youngins was awake today...You are doing an awesome job!!! I am worried, though, that I am working you too hard - no entries for a week...Hmmmmm
ReplyDeleteHaha! I was so happy when he volunteered for things yesterday! Don't worry, it's not practicum! I just had a lot of other things to do this week for my other classes.
ReplyDelete