For the Honors II kids, we were in the lab again, working on projects and second body paragraphs. I got to take some home and grade them myself, and then compared grades with my CT. We were pretty close with the exception of two or three! =)
Their paragraphs are really moving along. I love seeing each of them grow as they continue to ask questions and learn how to become better writers.
I got to spend some one on one time with a particular student today, as she had writer's block. Helping jog her memory and offering a different perspective seemed to do the trick! She nearly finished her first body paragraph, and had more ideas flowing by the end of the period!
The Applied English class was also in the lab today, and they worked on their scary narratives. All but two turned them in!!! This was a HUGE accomplishment for me, and I am so proud of all the hard work they are doing! They have come pretty far even since my first day. =)
Their narratives are also pretty humorous. I am having difficulties though figuring out what they are saying sometimes. They don't have the fluidity that the sophomore class has yet, but we'll see if that changes through some conferences!
On to day Two of Week Three... Running a game!
No comments:
Post a Comment