Well, I only have two weeks left of practicum! I am actually really upset about this! I have grown so attached to these kids, and have loved watching them grow and learn. It is going to be very difficult saying goodbye to them in two weeks.
This week, I did a lot of teaching specifically with the Applied English class. We have started a new unit on a novel called, The Pigman, and they have seemed to really enjoy it! A couple of girls are reading ahead, and students are actually doing their homework! I am very impressed with this class and how involved they are getting during discussion. Usually, students immediately zone out. I have only had one or two of them the past few days do this with me, but they have all been getting better at it. Each student has his or her personal strengths and weaknesses. I just need to work on figuring that out and developing upon that idea.
Other than that, I have had my formal observation this week, which was stressful, but went extremely well! I conferenced with my observer today, and she complimented my teaching styles and said that to her, I am a natural. I am so honored she gave me this praise! =) It really meant a lot to me, and is definitely a push in the right direction.
I haven't got a chance to talk much about my CT, but as a personal shout out to her, YOU ARE AWESOME! I couldn't have asked for a better mentor! She is so helpful with praise and criticism, and I have learned so much in the first four weeks. I hope to stay in touch with her as I continue on this long road! =) Also, a personal thanks for her putting up with me this past week. It has been very stressful, and I have been a little crazy!
I have also been conferencing with the Honors class, and it is amazing to see that they actually respect me, and are willing to come to me for help. I am very proud of this class, as I have watched them develop some deep and complex essays. Each students has improved exponentially, and I simply cannot wait to read their final products.
Ahhh...Thanks for the SHOUT OUT!!!! I have so enjoyed working with you, and I know the kids have loved you!!! We will miss you...They respect you and like you...can't ask for more than that!!!
ReplyDelete